Hotfix Mod, Beta 5d
For: DS2 v2.2, v2.3/Addon
Forum: english, deutsch
Mod with bug fixes and some further game enhancements, key features:
- Many small fixes:
tuned drops for vet/elite (Less low-level loot in vet/elite mode, appropriate vet/elite variant for most quest items),
fixed spells (Plasma Globes, Decay Armor, Drown, Punishing Fire, Corpse Transmutation),
revised weapons and armors (Correct magic bonus crediting, Endless Memory for combat/nature, effect on Amren's bow activated),
pet related tunings (Ensured min. bonuses, no stats loss on death, Scrub Boar pet added, fixed Mythrilhorn attack), ...
<== hold mouse above
- Revised game difficluty (Now vet/elite are ~15% more difficult, however this can be customized) for vet/elite mode.
- Tuned experience calculation. (More linear exp-raise with party size, less level-tied exp-stepping, exp for Bleeding too)
- Quest fix for Snowbrookheaven Dragon (To ensure he is present again if you recently skipped the battle) ('Talon').
- Several mod options to customize for example
game speed (Customizable with the speed-valves near Eirulan prison or by DS2 ini file) or gameplay difficulty.
- Extra store with entchantable goods (In the Azunite Desert, downhill form teleporter) only.
- Expanded skill point limit (With items providing skill points you may reach upto 30 skill points) by items.
- Every 7th level +1 skill point (Balance fix to get some more skill points for your alternate class) if multi-classed.
- New NPC to reset skill point (Erasira at the Eirulan Inn allows to reallocate skill points) allocation.
- Bows got finally bowstrings and quivers (There are also 'quiver potions' to change the quiver look).
- Auto-selection of best available chant (The Lorebook will apply the best chant of the same type if possible).
- Better party member support:
- Members won't start a banter-talk when
enemies are close.
- Improved auto-boost/-level (Multi-classed chars remain multi-classed. No more '20 levels gap' rule) when you
(re)add a low-leveled char to your party.
- Six members in mercenary (Refers to the improved party settings, also may help converting a merc party into v2.3) mode allowed.
- Autonomous member movement in 'wait' mode.
- Disband members forever from the Inn
or release them by the Necromancer.
- Enhanced auto-casting support:
- 4 auto-cast slots (up to 16 slots (...with a config option to include 2 reserve slots plus 1 additional spellbook)).
- Smart timer-refreshing for buff spells.
- Partially improved AI for casting curses (Example: Magic Steal won't be casted on a melee enemy since it's useless here).
- Expanded summoning support:
- Up to 5 summoned monsters (+1 summoned monster per 7 skill points on 'Summon Might') per mage.
- No summon-auto-casting in good towns (...expect enemies are nearby or if summon spell is in slot 1-4).
- Summon size depends on spell level I-IV.
- Spell to summon your Tresor/Stash.
- Combat/nature magic multi-classing (Using the 'Magician' buff you will nature AND combat levels simultaniously) support.
- Arrow multi-shot and long-range (Based on buff spells sharing exp on ranged and nature magic) shot.
- If wished your town portal teleporter (Persisting Portal: very useful but not uncritical, please respect the ReadMe notes) form
the previous game session will stay open.
- Some additional map secrets (Mainly to find special reagents or hidden weapons).
- New player items (Mainly enchantable items. Somtimes dropping only from corresponding monsters):
- Morden Shield & Morden Sword (2H)
- Snowbrook Sword, Zombie-Legion Sword,
Raider Sword, Hero Broad-Sword - all 1H
- 4 different types of Javelins (Haku- & Taclak-Javelin, Harpy- & Thorn-Spear)
- Vai'kesh (Heavy) Long Bow
- Snowbrook Armor for Archer & Swordman
- Further variations of Windstone Armor
- More attractive Enchanting:
- Tuned reagent sequence along gameplay
with fixed/revised reagent bonuses (Fixed a few native bugs and e.g. percent bonuses instead of absolute bonuses).
- Larger enchanting/reagent grid (now 6/9/12/16).
- Some new reagents (More logical reagent structure. Special reagents added, e.g. 'Speak with Deads').
- Additional shop with enchantable items (Downhill the small Fortress in the Azunite Desert of Act 1).
- Extra spells (All these spells are coloured purple, Magic Shops will offer them by default):
- 3 Ranged/Nature exp-splitting buffs.
- 3 Melee/Combat exp-splitting buffs.
- For dual-magic 1 exp-splitting buff and
Ghost Summon and Harpy Summon.
Additional actors to hire:
- Drovan (Drovan: Melee and combat-magically skilled char (with appropriate exp-splitting spell)) (Drevin's stepbrother at Aman'lu).
- Soldier Kiernan (Kiernan: Ranged and nature-magically skilled char (with appropriate exp-splitting spell)) at Snowbrook castle.
- Nature mage Nora (Nora can be hired after having solved the Nexus quest) at Kalrathia.
More details you can find in the Mod-Hotfix-Beta5d.ds2res.txt/readme file
or in the keyword reference.
- As you can see the Hotfix Mod has a lot of new and custom content. Originally while expecting a patch v2.3 the mod really was intended just to be a hotfix, but sadly that patch never was released. And so the mod was expanded step by step since it was not possible to split custom content form the fixed part of the game.
- For v2.3/addon the Aranna Legacy Mod would be the corresponding substitute for the Hotfix Mod.